Sunday, December 12, 2010

ALASKA DAY 9 LOOKING FOR HUBBARD GLACIER















We awoke to a cold and rainy morning.  After a delicious breakfast buffet, we went to some talks about the glacier we were going to see today.  The naturalist told everyone to go to deck 7 for the best viewing of the glacier.  So everyone was up on deck 7 making it very crowded at the railing.  I walked around and found a great spot on the sports deck.  We saw lots of ice bergs but it was too foggy to see the glacier and the ship eventually turned around.  I took some photos of the icebergs and the fog.  The water was full of chunks of ice and the fog was interesting, but it was not a huge photo day.
We went into the shops on board the ship to look around and we watched the crew build the champaign tower for later in the evening.  I think it was going to be served at midnight or something.  After a big delicious dinner in the buffet dining room, I went back to the room and fell asleep and didn’t wake up until seven the next morning.  I guess after nine full days of traveling I was worn out.


To see all my photos of  fog and icebergs, look up alicehuntstudio   on Flickr or try the link below.


No comments:

Post a Comment